I'm not going to sugar-coat this. There's some scary people out there that will suck the very life out of your creative force. Don't let that mess with your chi. After all, you're a better author when you've had your ass handed to you. It builds character. If you're not feeling the optimist vibe though, here's some ways to take back your chi:
• Kick something (Preferably not something alive): Kicking engages the quadriceps, hamstrings and gluteals. I don't know what all that is but I'm sure it's important.
Walk away from the computer, smart phone, and/or tablet. If there's
something ugly on it, divert your eyes. Brisk walking counts as cardio.
• Get a healthy snack. Refuel those batteries. Ice cream works too, with calcium and all.
• Do something nice to help others. Nothing says "my life isn't so bad" like helping people who's life truly sucks. It's all about perspective. Heck, just read the news. There's horrific things happening to people every day. Yay! That's not you!
• Meditate to music so loud you can't think. If you can't think at all, no negative thoughts can enter your head.
• Watch any Rocky movie, even the last one with this quotable gem...
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine
and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how
tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there
permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as
life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can
get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving
forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth,
then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take
the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be
because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you.
You’re better than that!"
Now doesn't that just make you want to run up a whole lot of stairs and write a book at the top about how much you hate stairs? If so, congratulations! Your chi has returned.